Friday, September 17, 2010

I'm floating, floating...

It's been such a great day! We started off with pancakes, which always seems to make the day go well! It's a recipe that I got out of one of my mom's cookbooks, and I have tweaked it over the years until it has become my own. My kids gobble them down, so they must be pretty good! So, I am going to share the recipe!

Pancakes
2 cups skim milk
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup oil OR applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup white flour
1 cup wheat flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons baking powder

Combine wet ingredients, then add in dry ingredients. Mix with a whisk, then cook on a hot griddle.

As you can see it makes a LOT of pancakes! I used to make half the recipe, but with 4 kids that just isn't enough anymore!

Yesterday and today we had parent-teacher conferences for my 2 oldest. One is in 4th grade, one is in 1st grade. We received GLOWING reports for both boys! YAY! These are the times when I feel like maybe I am making progress as a mother. It helps me to be able to see my kids from someone else's perspective, and when all that person sees is good, it makes it easier for me to focus on the good as well.

MY KIDS ARE GREAT!!!

Now I am ready to get back to swimming!

1 comment:

  1. Quinton's in 3rd grade? I'm excited that your boys got glowing reports. Gives me hope for my own boys one day... :)

    ReplyDelete