Friday, April 24, 2015

Spring Break!

Ahhhh... Spring Break!

That wonderful time of the school year, when the students in the family get a BREAK from all things academic! When I was in community college, my kids' spring break was usually the week after
mine, which made it impossible to travel. But since I moved to the UofA, our spring breaks coincide.
This year, we used that wonderful week to travel to New Orleans, Louisiana! My husbands parents are living there for the time being, so we got to see the city and visit family at the same time... BONUS!

We saw real live

ALLIGATORS...


SO COOL!
We also ate beignets at Cafe du Monde...




SO YUMMY! Don't let the teenager's appearance fool you!
We spent St. Patrick's Day in the French Quarter, and baby girl was completely diva-ed out...


I think this may be my favorite picture!

It was GREAT to get away with the family, Sometimes I think that's exactly what a family needs... to be a family in some other place, and leave the stresses at home. It can be hard, because for Mom (and to a degree, for Dad, too), it's really just taking your work with you. But it can still make such a difference to be able to focus on just having fun. That's something I need to do more with my monkeys.


Who wouldn't feel relaxed in a place like this?

I love being able to explore new places, and I really love doing it with my family. I know that these experiences are the ones that we'll all remember. Things come and go, but family and memories last forever. I'm grateful that we have these opportunities.


P.S. Isn't he adorable?

What are your favorite memories with your family?

No comments:

Post a Comment