Saturday, April 25, 2015

A little bit of permanence...

Look what WE did!!!

I don't know how it is for you, but sometimes I feel like all I do as a mom is laundry, clean, cook. Laundry, clean, cook. Laundry... well, you get the idea.

Nothing I do ever seems to stay DONE! Maybe because my kiddos' main goal in life is to UNDO everything that I DO do.

Do do?

Anyway, I think you get the idea, and I think I'm not alone in this. I need something that stays done PERMANENTLY. So, my husband and I tackled quite the project recently.

This is what our back yard looked like when we moved into our house...



You can't see the whole thing, but "dirt" about sums it up.
So last summer, we did a little work...


And it stayed just like that for about a year. But THIS year, we finished some things up...




It's green, it's peaceful... it's my oasis. I need some place like that to escape to when the house gets too LOUD!
It even looks pretty at night.


Getting outside and digging in the dirt actually relaxes me. I've always wanted to do more gardening, but we've either had so much space that I felt overwhelmed, or it was a more temporary situation so I felt less invested. Now I have my own little place to garden. My daughter just finished reading The Secret Garden, so now she wants a "secret garden" themed birthday party.

I think I can do that!

Sometimes my kids, especially the teenager, will go out back to get some alone time, too. I love that they can see the value in nature.

Now, what should my next perma-project be???

No comments:

Post a Comment